Sports Medicine Consultants
Team Sports and Exercise Medicine Consultants have undertaken extensive specialist training to qualify as SEM consultants.
Sports and Exercise Medicine Consultants are individuals who specialise in the non-operative treatment of sports and exercise related injuries. This qualifies the SEM consultants to be an excellent initial point-of-contact for the injured patient as approximately 90% of all injuries are non-surgical. If surgery is needed, the SEM consultants can expedite referral to an Orthopaedic Surgeon. Beyond injury management, SEM consultants are also focused on preventing injuries by strengthening weaknesses, correcting imbalances and enhancing performance.
It is recognised that the treat of athletes is different from the care of other patients because athletes impose higher demands on their cardiovascular, respiratory and musculoskeletal system. Also athletes demand a fast recovery along with reducing the risk of future injury.
This is not exclusive to elite athletes the principal applies to all who participate in sport and exercise. Often the benefits can be greater among recreational participants.
Sports and exercise medicine is viewed as abroad and complex branch of health care that encompasses several disciplines.
So please feel free to contact us for an initial consultation and see how we can help.
Team Sports and Exercise Medicine Consultants perform the following services:
- Preventative Therapy & Advice
- Soft Tissue Rehabilitation Management
- Post Operative Rehabilitation Management
- Compartment Pressure Testing
- Fittings and provision of off-the-shelf athletic braces
- Nutritional Advice
- General Medical/Well-Being Assessments
- Insurance assessments
- Elite Team Injury Clinics
- Club Medical System Assessment
- Elite Player Screenings (pre-season and intra-season)
- Pre-Contractual Medicals (Football and Rugby Clubs)
- Medical coverage for sporting events